United Elite is proud to be the only all-star gym in the Central Kentucky area to host a special needs cheerleading program. Our Screaming Eagles consist of athletes with varying special needs. We have an amazing group of coaches, athletes, and parents who have dedicated themselves to insuring cheerleading is available to everyone regardless of their abilities. Our athletes travel to both local and regional cheerleading competitions.
How Can Cheerleading Benefit Individuals With Special Needs?
- Team Sports can help enhance a Special Needs athletes social skills.
- Self Esteem: Learning new skills and performing those skills for others gives athletes confidence, pride and a sense of accomplishment.
- Physical Fitness: Exercise is important and can be difficult for those with special needs. Our training methods are individually structured to each athlete’s individual needs.
- Lasting Friendships
- Parental Support
Who Can Join Our SCREAMING EAGLES?
- Anyone ages 6 and up with Special Needs
What’s The Time Commitment?
- Our season runs from August 1st through April 1st
- Practice is 1.5 hrs once a week
We are always excited and anxious to add new athletes to our Screaming Eagles. If you are interested in becoming part of The United Elite family or just need a little more information, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.